Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sibling Rivalry

While sibling rivalry is very common amongst all siblings. For some reason I thought that the 6 year age difference between my kids would have deferred most if not all of it! Ha, where was my brain in this one? I think my kids tease, pester, fight and argue more than most. This is what I get for thinking. I have days when I swear my oldest picks on his sister just purely for his own entertainment. This drives a mother crazy! It doesn't matter if the consequences are set in stone and strictly followed through. Oh, but don't get me wrong, his two year old sister has some tricks up her sleeve as well. I am beginning to wonder if this is a joint effort ploy just to driver their mother crazy. Like little skilled soldiers carrying out their plot. I can entertain the thought of their conversations in the morning. "Okay, so here's what we're gonna do. At breakfast, you look at me and stick your tongue out. When you do, I will start whining about it. Then you do it again. I will start my temper tantrum because your still looking at me! Once we have moms attention you throw cereal at me until I whack you upside the head with my spoon. Once mom loses it. Just for fun we will give it a couple minutes and do it all over again. Sound good?" Yep, their little ploy to drive mommy mad! In light of their tactics I had decided to stop the army in their tracks, the next time sibling rivalry happened in my home I decided I was going to join in. Imagine if you will the look on my children's faces when mom looked at them square in the eye stuck out her tongue and started throwing cereal! Lets just say it was a look of complete and utmost shock and breakfast in our home has become quite peaceful. Guess that games no fun, when there's no one to drive nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment