My husband makes random purchases on occasion that I personally feel are weird, useless and at times childish to say the least. (Just to clear it up a bit, I do this at times as well, which is why I am okay with it). His most recent purchase... an army helmet. Why? Why would you buy this? I asked him this question hoping for a logical explanation. Knowing that he isn't in the army nor does he plan on joining anytime soon. His response, "It's Cool!!!" WOW, okay! My next question, "How much was it?" To my complete surprise I receive an answer of, "Oh, something like $20 bucks" I quickly vacated the conversation, as I walked away saying" Oh, Twenty bucks ain't bad!" Later that day my curiosity stuck and I decided to observe the helmet. Much to my surprise written inside with bright red marker the numbers $69.95. I immediately looked at my husband and said, "Please tell me you did not pay 69 bucks for this thing!" He looked at me and then his eyes gazed up towards the sky as he whistled a little and said, "Maybe?" I will admit this made me a little irritated, not so much that he paid that much for something I felt was a little useless but that the lie seemed to flow out of him like water from a tipped glass!!! I showed my irritation with continuous sarcasm and this sarcasm continues with that fantastic photo!! My husband, playing a video game with his over priced army helmet! Thanks baby for the fantastic entertainment! I believe this makes us even!!!
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
He's a Dork........ But He's My Dork!!!
My husband makes random purchases on occasion that I personally feel are weird, useless and at times childish to say the least. (Just to clear it up a bit, I do this at times as well, which is why I am okay with it). His most recent purchase... an army helmet. Why? Why would you buy this? I asked him this question hoping for a logical explanation. Knowing that he isn't in the army nor does he plan on joining anytime soon. His response, "It's Cool!!!" WOW, okay! My next question, "How much was it?" To my complete surprise I receive an answer of, "Oh, something like $20 bucks" I quickly vacated the conversation, as I walked away saying" Oh, Twenty bucks ain't bad!" Later that day my curiosity stuck and I decided to observe the helmet. Much to my surprise written inside with bright red marker the numbers $69.95. I immediately looked at my husband and said, "Please tell me you did not pay 69 bucks for this thing!" He looked at me and then his eyes gazed up towards the sky as he whistled a little and said, "Maybe?" I will admit this made me a little irritated, not so much that he paid that much for something I felt was a little useless but that the lie seemed to flow out of him like water from a tipped glass!!! I showed my irritation with continuous sarcasm and this sarcasm continues with that fantastic photo!! My husband, playing a video game with his over priced army helmet! Thanks baby for the fantastic entertainment! I believe this makes us even!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment